Monday, June 29, 2009

Maggie

We got to pick up Maggie on Friday. She's 3 pounds of sass so she fits into our family well. :) We are really enjoying her so far and she's been a good puppy. We're working on the potty training right now, but I am extremely happy to say that she has not peed in the house once! We take her out every 1 1/2 - 2 hours and she always goes right away. She and Grace are becoming fast friends which we can't be happier about since Grace was afraid of dogs before. She only liked them from a distance, but now she's always wanting to pet Maggie, has to give her a kiss before she goes to bed, and wants to come with us to take her to go potty. The worst conflict we've had between the two was when Maggie got a hold of one of Grace's sandals and started chewing on it. It was fun to watch though! :)





This is completely off the subject of our new puppy, but I made a new recipe last week that was a big hit around here. I didn't take a picture, but here it is if you're interested:

Chicken-Etti

Cook 1 pound spaghetti until tender. Mix with:
3 to 4 cups chicken meat (I used the canned that is already precooked)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
3/4 pound grated Velveeta cheese, keep 1 cup aside to put on top.

Put in casserole (9x13) and top with cheese. Bake at 350˚ for 40-45 minutes. 

(You can easily cut this recipe down - it makes a ton! I will also admit that grating Velveeta cheese was not a ton of fun but it was worth it...maybe you can buy it already shredded...I've never looked.)

I'm thinking you could try this using turkey or ham instead of chicken. Let me know how it is if you do! :)

No comments: