Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer Fun


Cappuccino Muffins
(I don't think the picture does them justice)

Spread:
(I didn't make this because I didn't have any cream cheese but it sounds good!)
4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips

Muffins:
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. In a food processor (or using a hand mixer), combine the spread ingredients, cover and process until well blended.
2. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
3. For the muffins: In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, stir milk and coffee granules until coffee is dissolved.
4. Add butter, egg and vanilla; mix well.
5. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
6. Fold in chocolate chips.
7. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
8. Bake at 375˚ for 17-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. 
9. Serve with espresso spread. 

Steve went with his brother and dad to state baseball last weekend so I decided to pack up and head down to Jill and Eben's for a few days (man I love summer). It was beautiful weather and we had fun just hanging out. We took the kids swimming 1 afternoon. They both thought it was fun to jump in off the sides. I wish I had pictures of that but Jill and I had our hands full just making sure we were at the edge to catch. :)  


The joy of sundae cones!



Fun in the sprinkler. 

This picture makes me laugh because Grace is into the habit of saying "huh" all the time. I tell her that is makes people sound unintelligent when they walk around saying huh all the time and that it's a bad habit.  Her expression in this picture is the one that commonly comes with her "huhs"...oh Grace. :) 

No comments: