Friday, August 7, 2009

Grace is 2!

I've been pretty horrible about keeping my blog up-to-date this summer. I'll try to catch you up with everything that has been going on since the last time I posted. Grace turned 2 on Sunday (August 2nd) which seems completely unbelievable. How time flies when you're having fun! She is such a fun little girl. She loves to play in her kitchen, play with play-doh,  take walks, talk on the phone (scary), talk in general and sing. She is seldom quiet and will walk around commentating to herself what she is doing. There have been numerous times when I ask her to stop talking for a little bit... so she'll start singing instead! Sometimes this bewilders me because I was never a very verbal person. What is this need to constantly hear your own voice? It's fun to watch her continue to develop. :)

Our G. Marie

As for the rest of us...

Don't let this picture fool you...Maggie is ferocious. She is overloaded with puppy energy and for some reason feels the need to bite us constantly, although she can be so sweet too. I am ready for her to be done with this teething stage. I've lost some serious skin! 

Steve stopped working at Dunham's in early July before we went to Hocking Hills. He just finished teaching summer school for a month and has been enjoying (perhaps too much) playing golf, watching golf, talking about golf, dreaming about golf. Just kidding - but it has become a true passion of his.

I finished my master's a little over a week ago and feel a bit odd actually. Don't get me wrong, it feels amazing but what do I do now that I don't have homework anymore? I haven't had this amount of free time in almost 2 years! I am loving that I have my evenings to kick back and read like I used to. I forgot how much I loved reading for pleasure and have about 12 books on my "to read" list that I just haven't had the time to read until now. I've also been attempting to get my room around for the rapidly approaching school year (yikes). Is it seriously August 7th already? I can just see the parents jumping and skipping around at home realizing that their kids only have 2 more weeks of summer vacation. :) 

Steve and I also had our ultrasound a couple of weeks ago. Everything looks great and we are excited to know what we are having (although we won't know until December). Steve wanted to know but I didn't so I gave him the option of knowing but keeping it completely to himself or not finding out. He didn't think he could keep it in until December so he didn't find out either. The baby is sitting extremely low but I wasn't really surprised. I carried Grace low and center too. This one is even lower, the tech had a harder time getting all of the measurements because of where it was, but it's not a concern. I'll just have to pee every 5 minutes instead of every 20 minutes in the third trimester. :)  

2 comments:

tricia said...

happy birthday grace! and congratulations sarah! hope you have been enjoying summer and are feeling well.

Eric & Stephanie said...

Sarah,

I can't believe you are surprised that she talks all the time. Look at her father!!!