Sunday, December 7, 2008

Random Thoughts



We put the Christmas tree up last week. It was fun having Grace help with the decorations. She kept grabbing the ornaments and saying "ball." We bought her a Smores baby's first Christmas ornament last year and have decided to get her a new ornament every year. This is a tradition that my mom started and I am excited to keep it going with my kids as well. 





David and Sara got this cute little card table and chairs for Grace (they also got a set for their girls and Benjamin). Steve and I pulled it out this week and we are glad we did! Grace loves to sit at it and color. It's also nice because the little chairs lock so they don't fold in on the kids if they sit back too far. I couldn't find this exact set online (I'm fairly sure Sara said she got it at Big Lots) but I found a similar one at Amazon. 




Here is Grace sporting her new shoes that Eben and Jill got her for her birthday! I love them as does she! :)

I was told about a website called Free Rice from a friend at work today. You can go there and answer trivia questions (choosing from categories such as Art, Chemistry, English, Geography, Language and Math). For each question you answer correctly they donate 20 grains of rice through the UN World Food Program to help feed the hungry. It adds up quickly! If you are a nerd like me and like trivia you should give it a try. :)

Steve and I are on day 10 of the Love Dare. Jill and Eben got a copy of the book for Mom and Dad, David and Sara, Steve and I, and themselves. We are really enjoying reading it together and completing the dares each day.

1 comment:

Aiden's Momma said...

Thanks for posting about the book, Jesse and I saw Fireproof with Aaron and Sam and I wondered if there was a book, now I know!