Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Good Recipes

I made the following two recipes today - I feel bad always making Steve and Bret eat pizza when he comes up here so I promised to actually make a meal today. It turned out really good and was enjoyed by all! 

Mexican Style Lasagna 
Mexican Style Lasagna

1-1/2 lb. ground beef
1/4 lb.  (4 oz.) VELVEETA Mexican Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut up
3/4 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Medium Salsa
6   TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Flour Tortillas
1/2 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar & Monterey Jack Cheese

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Brown meat in large skillet; drain. Add 1/4 cup water and Mexican VELVEETA; stir until VELVEETA is melted. Remove from heat. Stir in salsa.

SPRAY 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/4 of the meat mixture into dish; top with 2 tortillas. Repeat layers 2 times. Top with remaining meat mixture; sprinkle with shredded cheese. Cover tightly with foil.

BAKE 30 minutes. Remove foil. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

I also added a package of frozen sweet corn. I think that I may try it with refried beans or black beans sometime as well. That's why I love recipes like this - you can add as much stuff as you like!

Peanut Blossoms

Peanut Blossoms

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
2/3 cup  peanut butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
1/3 cup  firmly packed light brown sugar
1 egg
2 Tbsp.  milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 cups  flour

1 tsp.  baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
48   Hershey kisses, unwrapped

PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Beat butter, peanut butter, 1/3 cup of the granulated sugar and the brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat until well blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended after each addition.

SHAPE dough into 48 balls, each about 1 inch in diameter; roll in remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar. Place, 2 inches apart, on ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE 9 to 10 min. or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate piece into center of each cookie. (Cookie will crack slightly around edge.) Cool on baking sheets 1 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

Grace loved to help by unwrapping the kisses. :) 


No comments: