Sunday, December 4, 2011

Lydia at 2 months old


Lydia is already 2 months old! I'm amazed at how fast time goes. She is starting to smile a lot every day. A week ago she started spitting up a lot and 2 days in a row she pooped about 6 or 7 times. After the 2nd day of this I noticed a little bit of blood in her diaper. The next morning I noticed a little bit of blood again so I called the doctor and took her in. She had an ultrasound of her stomach and an x-ray of her abdomen. She also had some lab work done. I fed her right before we left for the doctor but they couldn't get her in for an ultrasound until 3:30 and I wasn't allowed to feed her until after it was done. It was a looong afternoon for her. Steve left work as soon as he was done with his kids so he could stay at home with Grace and Sam so they wouldn't have to go to the hospital. Once we were done with all of the tests at the hospital we went back to the doctor. Luckily everything came back normal. He believes it is probably viral but I am not convinced. I asked him if it could be an allergy or sensitivity to milk. He said that if she didn't seem better by the end of the week that it could be a possibility. To be on the safe side I have stopped eating anything with milk in it. The last couple of days have been kind of a roller coaster. Today has been totally normal for her. She's been happy and taken good naps. Yesterday you could tell she felt unsettled and she didn't nap well. I'm hoping we're on the right track to figuring out what's going on with her little belly. I haven't had anything with milk for a week so by the end of this week it should hopefully be completely out of my system and out of her system and we'll see how she's doing. Besides this past week when she's had a couple of rough moments she's been a happy girl. She loves her bath time and loves to be talked to. She is getting to the age where she is not a huge fan of her car seat. She will often fall asleep but if I don't get the timing right then she's usually mad instead. :) She is such a sweet girl and in 2 short months I can't remember what our family was like without her!

No comments: