Thursday, August 12, 2010

Vacation



We decided to head down to Cincinnati again this summer. We stayed at a hotel in Kentucky. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool - we ended up using it quite a bit since it was so flaming hot outside. We left Monday morning and went to the Newport Aquarium. Afterwards we went back to the hotel and went swimming. Tuesday morning we woke up and went to the Cincinnati Zoo. We took the afternoon easy and napped and went swimming.  That evening we went out for ice cream and walked around to some different shops. Wednesday we went to the Reds game. We ended up leaving early because it was too hot for the kids. Live and learn - next year maybe we'll go to a night game and probably not in August. :) That night we went to Coney Island. Luckily it had rained and cooled off. We had a blast at the park. It wasn't busy - I think the rain must have scared a lot of people away. There was a kiddie pool that covered more than an acre. I love water parks and slides...so I was pumped to go down the slide in the middle of the pool a couple of times. The second time I was waiting to go up the stairs this 10 year old kid came up and asked me if he could go in front of me. He even called me miss, which I suppose is better than ma'am. I had to laugh inside because before I went to the slide Steve had told me not to shove any kids out of my way. I was a nice, mature mother and let him go in front of me, although I really wanted to tell him to go to the back of the line! :) Thursday morning we got up and left as early as possible. Poor Samuel was working on one of his top teeth the whole week and slept pretty horribly. Thursday morning he was up at 3...for the day. Not screaming, not even crying, just up. Monday night and Tuesday night went similarly. I'm ready for that tooth to pop through, although I'm sure he's looking forward to it way more! Unfortunately I didn't take a bunch of pictures. I forgot the camera in the hotel several times and was busy having fun (or pushing kids out of my way) the rest of the time. Despite the lack of sleep and extreme heat we had a great time.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I bet that slide wasn't as fun as the one at splash universe though! ;)