Monday, June 4, 2012

Grace


Grace just finished her 2nd year of preschool last week. They did a short program and then we had a potluck with all of the other families. Here are the 2 songs they did for their program. 



I think you're wonderful...


Pete the cat...

We've also decided to have Grace go to Clovergarten which is an early 5s program. She will go from 7:45-11:30 5 days a week. We kept going back and forth about doing this program or sending her to Kindergarten. We had her go through screening and the teacher told us she would definitely be ready for kindergarten but she won't be 5 until August so we decided it will be better to have her super prepared than under-prepared. And having worked with Kindergartners for several years now I've had to tell many concerned parents that it's about more than just being ready academically. It's about being ready socially, emotionally, developmentally etc. And here I am telling myself that now. :) With Grace still taking a nap several days a week and having these stinking migraines I think the extra year will be good for her. Now if only her teacher could follow her to Clovergarten... :)

No comments: