Monday, November 28, 2011

What's privacy again?

I found myself shaking my head in amazement while I was showering a couple of nights ago (and no it wasn't from looking at my lovely naked body). :) Here's how my bathroom experience went:

I was on the toilet when Samuel walked in and came right over to me, tried to peek in the toilet and said "Ew mommy, you pooped, pew!" Before I could even respond he said "You done mommy, I flush it?" and leaned all the way across me trying to flush the toilet. He continued to hound me until I was done and he could flush it. He then ran off to do who knows what...bug someone else I suppose. :) I then hopped in the shower and within 30 seconds heard Grace plopping up on the stool in front of the mirror and rummaging around the drawer getting a hairband out. She then spent the next several minutes (or at least most of my shower) doing her hair and singing her own variation of Camptown Races. Her first verse was: I see dirty laundry doo-dah, doo-dah, I see dirty laundry oh doo-dah-day. She sang about 6 additional verses including:
I see my eyebrows...
I see my nose...
I see my forehead...
I see my neck...
I see my nostrils (yes I'm serious)...
I see my chin...

After that she apparently was satisfied with her hair and left. By that time I was already rinsing off and pretty much done with my shower. This is my life. There is no such thing as privacy. :)

No comments: