For the past 3 weeks the kids have been having swim lessons. The first 2 weeks were group lessons where Grace was with about 10 kids roughly her age and several teachers. Samuel was in the toddler class where he got to do a lot of 1 on 1 stuff with Steve. They both had a lot of fun with that. This week they have private lessons. Grace has come a long way. I'm so impressed to see how she's changed from last summer and even from a month ago to now. She's going under to get rings, going down the massive twisty slide, floating on her back and learning how to use her arms and legs properly. She's even jumping off the diving board all by herself (into the arms of her teacher below). I took a picture of her jumping in today but a little boy walked right in front of me at the exact wrong moment. I'll get one tomorrow and add it on here. Samuel is doing awesome too. He usually is nervous and cries for the first couple of minutes but then does fine. Today he cried for about the first 30 seconds and then was laughing and giggling the rest of the time. He has been going under, jumping off the side, reaching under to get rings, blowing bubbles, using a kick board, going down the twisty slide and jumping off the diving board! When his teacher asked me if it was okay if he jumped off I said sure and then immediately thought holy crap...what did I just do?! I'm sending my 20 month old off a cliff into 8 feet of water. :) He loved it and today he walked out on the diving board holding a teacher's hand and jumped off all by himself to his teacher below.
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment