Saturday, March 5, 2011

Samuel at 15 months


Sorry about the blurry picture...our digital camera broke so I'm using Grace's Vtech camera. It's not quite quick enough for Samuel's action. :)

Samuel is such a funny little boy. He loves to laugh, tease and bug. He says Gace (Grace), ah dah (all done), mom, dad, dog, woo woo (woof woof), ball, hi, bye-bye, no, uh oh, dink (drink), ow, poo (poop), yeah and e-i-e-i-o (he loves Old MacDonald). He mimics everything we do. He will brush his hair, talk on the phone, brush his teeth, put wipes in diapers and try to wrap them up, dance like we do and many other things. He loves throwing balls, looking at books, taking baths, his toothbrush, coloring, dancing, music, food and helping us fold laundry. He takes 1 thing at a time out of the laundry basket and hands it to us until the entire thing is empty. He thinks it's hilarious to point to his belly button and loves it when people point theirs out to him. He is beginning to test us to see if we mean what we say and has therefore started having timeouts...which he loathes. :) He is quite the climber and has no fear. I've caught him on the back of the couch, climbing from a chair to the kitchen table, trying to get on top of his play kitchen and many other interesting places. Amazingly he has only had a couple bad spills and they hardly even phased him. He attempts to dress himself which is always entertaining. He flew for his first time at 12 months and did great. He cried on the way home for about 10 minutes before we even took off and then fell asleep for the remainder of the trip. He had a bout of fifths disease right after he turned 1 as well. He has 8 teeth and his molars are almost through. He takes 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hour naps every day right after lunch and still is completely pooped by 7. There are some nights where I have to force him to stay awake until 6:45 because I feel bad putting him to bed earlier than that! I suppose since he has to wake up at 6:15 it makes sense. I'm hoping that this summer I can move it back so he sleeps more like 7:45 to 7:15. :) He is walking all over the place. I should have posted earlier about that...for the past 6 weeks or so he has been walking the vast majority of the time. He loves riding his toy train around the house and does so with gusto. I've never seen a kid go so fast on one of those things. He is so ornery...and we wouldn't change him for anything.

No comments: