Monday, November 8, 2010

Grace Moments

On Friday I didn't have school because of conferences so I took Maggie in to be groomed. When we dropped her off she was a gnarled, matted mess because she hates to have her hair combed if it's anywhere close to her head or bum. The kids and I dropped her off and then went off to a playground for the couple hours Maggie was at the vet. When we picked her up the groomer brought out an almost shaved Maggie Moo with a pink bandanna (or band aid as Grace calls it). Grace looked at Maggie and looked at the groomer and said, "That's not Maggie, that dog has a tiny head!" The groomer thought it was hilarious and I've been asked numerous times since if Maggie's head is going to grow back. She did go from looking like a lion to a squirrel. :)

On Saturday evening I made the mistake of telling Grace that Sunday morning before church we would go eat breakfast with Grandma and Grandpa Chupp because Jill, Eben and the boys were there. At 5 a.m. (granted with the time change it was actually 6 a.m. which is when the kids typically have to get up) I had a flashlight shining in my face and opened my eyes to a fully dressed - down to the coat and hat - G. Marie. As soon as she saw my eyes she said, "Mom, I'm ready to go to Grandma and Grandpa's!" I told her to get the flashlight out of my face and go play until I was up (I'm such a grouch in the morning). :) She must have because she left the room and I didn't hear from her again until 7 when I woke up.

She has been on a finger painting kick every night before bedtime. Tonight she informed me that she was painting a picture for Grandma and Grandpa and they should probably write a thank-you note to her. That girl...

No comments: