Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Grace at 2 1/2

Sadly, this is how much snow we've gotten this year. She attempted to make a snowman. :)

Grace loves giving her baby a bath, changing her diaper, brushing her teeth, putting her down for a nap, putting her in time out, etcetera. 


Pudding...yum!

My how time flies! At 2 1/2 Grace loves:

Elmo's World
Word World
her brother, cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents (we hear about them on a daily basis)
to talk, sing and ask questions (constantly)
Sunday school/singing Sunday school songs
Kindermusik
taking baths
her big girl bed
mac & cheese
toast
grapes
bananas
hotdogs
cereal
chicken nuggets and french fries
any dipping sauce (ketchup, ranch dressing, bbq sauce)
play-doh
grocery shopping
letters (and knows all of her capital letters and some lowercase - yay for bath foam letters!)
coloring/drawing
books/reading/being read to
her baby dolls
"helping" wash dishes

Grace also dresses herself for the most part and thinks she needs to pick out her own outfits although some of them get vetoed depending on if we are leaving the house or not - shorts in February...things like that. :) And my favorite - she is potty trained and has informed me many times that she can do it "by myself". It's nice that I don't have to do anything unless she poops and needs help wiping. :)

Grace-isms and quotes:

Calls Samuel Sam-Bam

I was trying to untwist her car seat straps and couldn't get them untwisted and exclaimed "What in sam scratch" (which is something I grew up with my mom saying). Grace replied "I don't know what Sam is scratching mom." 

I hit a squirrel with the van one day and Grace decided that both the van and the squirrel probably needed a band-aid.

When Samuel spits up she will come running and tell me "he's dripping mom!" 

When Samuel cries she wants to know "What's his matter mom?" 

Almost gives me a heart attack by screeching every time she sees a bug. I try to explain to her that I'm not a huge fan of bugs either but I don't scream when I see them. Still waiting for that lecture to kick in. I almost put the car in the ditch one time because she screamed when she saw a ladybug crawling towards her. Good grief. 

Is so excited to start preschool next year. I often hear "when I get bigger I will go to school!" I need to document that because my guess is that someday school won't be quite so exciting. :) 

She is quite the girl. 2 going on 16 but we love her like crazy! 

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh how I love that little sassa-ma-frass!