Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Normalcy

Our household is beginning to get back into a routine. Steve had to go back to work and the kids and I are enjoying time at home. Samuel is continuing to be quite a good-natured little guy. He still takes a really long nap in the morning and one in the afternoon. He's more awake and alert with every week that passes by. He is beginning to sleep for even longer stretches at night. He goes to bed around 10 and usually doesn't wake up until 3 or 3:30 to eat. He then sleeps until 6 or so and eats again and then is up for the day around 8. He loves rides in the car and is usually asleep within a few minutes of leaving the house. I'm a bit spoiled!

Grace is great. There have been days where I think I'm going to lose my mind because she is either talking, singing or making noise constantly. I'll tell her to stop talking and be silent for a few minutes so I can hear myself think and she, without fail, always says "but Mom, I want to talk!" Some things never change. :) She had her first visit at the dentist this morning and did really well. I went first while she sat on the floor by Samuel and read/colored. When it was her turn she sat on my lap and let them look in her mouth with the mirror. They don't even attempt to polish the teeth at the first visit, so it was more just getting her introduced to everything so she won't be freaked out next time we go (hopefully). She's still being a big help for the most part!

No comments: