Sunday, November 22, 2009

Latest Happenings

Here's an update of everything that has happened in the last month...

We started the month out with Grace having an ear infection and croup while Steve had bronchitis. Thankfully that's over and hopefully we'll all be in good health from here on out. 

Church league basketball started up several weeks ago, so Steve is enjoying getting out and playing basketball on Tuesday and Thursday nights now. His baseball coaching responsibilities have also kicked in during the past 2 weeks. He's enjoying getting to know the boys and coach that he will be working with. 

I'm doing great. My IEPs are all done for the fall, which feels so good. My last meeting was Wednesday and I came home to flowers and a DQ ice cream cake waiting for me. What a wonderful husband I have. :) I'm continuing to have issues with swelling which isn't a surprise since I'm on my feet quite a bit of the day. I'm also still experiencing braxton hicks contractions that are very frequent and becoming more and more uncomfortable. All part of late pregnancy I suppose and nothing too major so I have nothing to complain about. I'm still sleeping well so that's a huge bonus. 2 1/2 weeks to go!

For Christmas this year Steve's parents got a swing set for our house! They came up last weekend to put it together. It's perfect...it has a picnic table, sandbox, slide, rock climbing wall, ladder, glider and 2 swings. Here's a couple pictures of the finished product (we left off the glider, 1 swing and the awning since it's so close to winter).


I plan on adding some more swing set construction pictures later. All in all it went very smoothly and they got it done in less time than it called for. Very impressive! :) 

What I can only identify as the "nesting stage" has kicked in full gear. We've been so busy during the past couple of months that I find myself not wanting to really leave the house right now. I know I know...pretty anti-social! If I have a free weekend I feel like I should spend it organizing or cleaning (or napping). :) This past week I got out all of our 0-3 month clothes, blankets, bibs, burp cloths, etc. and rewashed them all. Grace has been sleeping in her room in the crib that Steve's dad made. It worked great because we took off one side and so it worked more like a daybed for the past year or so. But now we want the crib for the baby again so we decided it was time to upgrade Grace's room a bit. We bought a twin bed that has storage underneath and a nightstand. It's really cute - I'll try to put some pictures on here soon. I also finished all of my Christmas shopping this week (minus a few stocking stuffers) and plan on wrapping it all over Thanksgiving break sometime. I'm starting to feel better and more settled and prepared now. I'd like to make it through the next week and then I'll be very ready for the arrival of baby Hastings!

No comments: