Yesterday we went to Goshen to a fall festival with Jill, Eben, the boys, mom and Eben's mom. We picked apples from the orchard and let the kids pick a pumpkin to take home. Today we carved Grace's pumpkin. Her one request was for it to have a star nose.
Grace is into music right now. She walks around singing and wants to listen to music a lot. She often comes home from church singing new songs she learned in Sunday School. She really enjoys Sunday School and anything that gets her out of the house and involved with other kids. An ornery Grace moment from last week: we were getting ready to go to Dianne's (her babysitter) and she went and got her keys from her toys. She ran back to me and said "I'm going to drive to Dianne's today and you can sit in my car seat Mama." It made me giggle all day long.
Steve's having a great year this year. His class seems to be not quite as "difficult" as last year. He is enjoying watching Michigan choke :) but still having a better season than last year. He's also excited that basketball has started up again on Thursday nights. It gives him a chance to see a bunch of guys that he hasn't gotten to see much lately. I think it's kind of cool because it's a bunch of guys from area churches and quite a few cousins of mine. He's also very into fantasy football. He and several guys that he played softball and basketball with are involved with this as well.
I'm also doing great. The move from 4th grade to K-1 was the right choice for me. I'm feeling very well. I'm hoping it lasts for at least the next month. :) I started having braxton hicks contractions a couple of weeks ago and they are gradually becoming more uncomfortable and frequent. I also am noticing some swelling, but I assume all of this is because I am on my feet for most of the day. With Grace I had June and July to lay and relax when needed and this time around I don't have that luxury. Despite these things I am really comfortable and hope that's a good sign since I only have 8 weeks left!



No comments:
Post a Comment