Monday, August 25, 2008

Joining the 21st Century

We finally have high-speed internet at home! I now have no more excuses for putting off blogging. Steve and I are now in our second week of school and everything seems to be going well. It's taking me awhile to get used to the lovely attitudes of some middle school students and the fact that half of them are taller than me but I think I will really like the change. Steve is busy with all of his first year teacher PRAXIS III meetings but is enjoying having his own room and a set schedule. I am officially starting a countdown: 11 months and I will have my masters. Everything is falling into place! 

Grace is as feisty as ever (understatement of the year). This week she was "helping" me put groceries away in the kitchen. She kept trying to shut the door to our hutch; she kept pushing the door too hard and it would fly back open and hit her. After this happened several times she got really irritated and started pushing it open instead. Of course she threw the door open (too hard again) and it swung back and knocked her right in the head. By this time her red-haired temper came out full force. She pushed the door back with all 20 pounds of her little body and snapped the door right off. Steve and I realize we have our hands full with this little firecracker (firecracker is the term that Aunt Jill came up with to describe Grace's temper) but we are really having fun watching her personality take shape. 



Grace Versus The Hutch: this was right after she got the "don't break furniture" speech. Obviously she was thrilled. 

2 comments:

Jill said...

Love the story (and the picture!) because I can just imagine her breaking off that door! :) My, how I do love that little firecracker.

Aiden's Momma said...

what a doll! Miss her and Aiden is happy to get ot see her pictures.